Permanent exhibition of the Russian-German Centre in the church St. Petri.
Nevsky Pr. 22/24, main entrance of the church St. Petri.
The exhibition is open for tours by appointment. tour-order- Irena Aleksandrovna Tagunova, 952 26 71 or Irena Biyagova 570 40 96
Materials are provided by:
- State Museum of the history of St. Petersburg
- Russian State historic archives
- Central State Historical Archives of St. Petersburg
- Центральный государственный архив кинофотофонодокументов
- Branch St. Petersburg of RAS archive
- Institute for the history of natural sciences and technology of RAS archive
- Library of RAS archive
- Russian National Library
- Saint Petersburg State Theatre library
- Public Academy of Russian Germans
- Museum Of Lomonosov
- Museum of the Academy of fine arts
- Museum of Karl May School
- Magnetic pharmacy (pharmacy no. 13)
Project was realized with the financial support of:
Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Germany,
Ministry of the Interior of Germany and The Commissioner of culture and media of the Federal Government of Germany.
Exhibition «history of Germans in St. Petersburg» was opened February 5, 1999. The updated version of the exhibition «German Saint Petersburg was opened May 11, 2006.
Project manager: Florian Seitz.
Exhibition concept: Galina Smagina, Aleksandra Semenova.
Exhibition design: «Mediamama».
The exhibition comprises a large amount of material on various topics: «The Russo-German dynastic ties», «Germans in the Russian Academy of Sciences», «Government and military leaders», «Evangelical Lutheran community» some outstanding representatives of the German diaspora in Russia, starting from the XVIII century. The exhibiton will make acquainted with the life and activity of such famous Germans in Russia, as Ostermann, Witte, Bayer and many others.